Wednesday, September 04, 2002

Hey! How's it goin?? :)

BOOKS

The Presence is going well. I'm about half-way through it. It's interesting. Not the best book I've read, but still good :)

I have started my next non-fiction and that's Experiencing God. I've went part way through this workbook before, but petered out somewhere in the middle because my procrastination/lack of discipline kicked in and I just got out of it. This time I'm leading a small group, so that will help tremendously in keeping me on track :) It's great stuff, well worth the time and it's really awesome and I'm looking forward to making it all the way through. Hopefully I will also become more faithful with blogging and can share my thoughts with you on it :)

WHAT'S GOIN' ON?

New section :) Just some tidbits of what's going on in my life :) My oldest son who is soon to be 5 started preschool today! He went last year as well, but this is his first day this year :) Tomorrow my youngest son will start preschool for the very first time! They are both so excited about it and that's just terrific, so glad for them!

Soccer practice went better this week :) While people weren't overly friendly, they didn't try to avoid me either :) lol. And my daughter is improving! Which is great ;) She's having a great time and it's good to see her out there.

I'm trying (desperately) to get into some kind of routine. It's so not working, but I so need it or else I"m going to go crazy! My poor son (the youngest who is 3) ended up putting himself to bed tonite! It was so funny, I was helping my daughter with her homework, and my oldest son was watching and talking with us and Josh came home from helping out my brother and when we all went upstairs to read our bedtime story, there was my youngest already curled up in bed fast asleep! When I had hollered upstairs about 15 minutes before that he had said he was playing, so I didn't think anything about it! Poor Kid, he's just exhausted with all the running around we seem to be doing!!

THOUGHTS FOR TODAY

I think I'll leave you with some thoughts from my Experiencing God book--2 things stuck out at me tonite.

1. Our memory verse--John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." Apart from HIM we can do nothing--absolutely nothing. Nothing new, but just struck me hard.

2. (quoting from the book) "When you come to the Lord Jesus to seek His will for your life, which of the following requests is most like what you ask? Check your response.
1. Lord, what do you want me to do? When do you want me to do it? How shall I do it? Where shall I do it? Who do you want me to involve along the way? And please tell me what the outcome will be.
2. Lord, just tell me what to do one step at a time, and I will do it."

OK, so I obviously chose number 2 because I'm so together--_NOT!! :) I chose one, and would probably add-_How long do you want me to do it? and How can I know for sure it's you? lol. I'm horrible about that! I don't want to just make this first little step and then wait--waiting is horrible..I HATE waiting :) lol. But it's such a necessary part.

Anyway, it's getting late and I better go. Let me know your thoughts!

No comments: