Thursday, November 20, 2003

I Can See Clearly Now, the RAIN is GONE!

Sunshine, mid 60s and gorgeous! I just spent sometime outside with my youngest son playing and I was actually warm in my sweatshirt! What a wonderful day!

The Sacred Romance

I'm in small group with a few other people reading our way through The Sacred Romance. I'm not sure how I would describe the book. I really appreciate a lot of what the authors are saying. It's things I have felt, but never voiced. But at the same time, they get wordy at times and some of their examples are lengthy and difficult to work through (especially when they use poetry..Ugh..not my strong point).

But something that is sticking with me is what I read last night in chapters 9 &10. They talk about two roads, one road is straight and you can see a place to stop overnight and the other road bends quickly and you can't make out what's beyond and there are some ominous looking clouds. Of course the majority of us take the straight road. Relying on what we can grasp and understand and leave the other road, but we never truly "know" God. We can only "know" God when we venture into the "unknown".

Ouch. How much of my life right now is "unknown"? Virtually none. And right now my heart is screaming "Isn't there something more?". I love my life, don't get me wrong. I have a wonderful husband, great kids and things are going really well actually.

But I know there is something more...with God. Something more He wants me to do than simply teach Kid's Church, take care of administrative tasks for the church, lead a small group, and all the other "busywork" that I have found for myself to feel fulfilled. And ya know, I'm still not fulfilled.

I think it's time for me to start asking God what more He has, and more importantly be ready to obey when He tells me.

No comments: