Friday, January 02, 2004

Happy New Year!

The last couple of weeks have been a blur! I was hoping that Christmas Break would be a time spent relaxing with the family, watching good movies, playing fun games, and maybe even reading a few new books! Oh my goodness, that has not happened! I have got to spend some good time with family that while it was fun ended up being under strained circumstances. My grandmother was sick the week before Christmas and got really bad the week of Christmas and finally passed on the day after Christmas. While we all know where she is and are thankful that she is no longer suffering, it was a stressful time for all of us.

Also, right before Christmas we found out that my oldest son will have to get tubes put back in his ears :( The procedure is fairly simple and there should be no complications, but we were hoping that this problem would be far behind us by now and instead it might stick around a bit longer. So we go Tuesday, Jan. 6 to have that done, and to make matters a bit more sticky, Josh will be unable to go with me because the other guy he works with took vacation that day. So prayers are greatly appreciated.

As I was thinking today, I was kind of astounded at the things that have happened the last couple of weeks and wondered why everything seems to happen at once. And the reason usually is, because it makes me forget about God. Not completely mind you, just enough that He sits on the back shelf where I throw in a few..help me out here God a couple of times. How easily I allow that to happen, but am thankful that He gently reminds me in many ways that He is there to carry what I'm going through. Thanks God!

Friday Five
(I missed last weeks--sorry!)

What one thing are you most looking forward to . . .

1. ...today?
My hubby coming home from work!

2. ...over the next week?
Getting through Jacob's surgery!

3. ...this year?
Camping with my family this summer!

4. ...over the next five years?
I have no idea.

5. ...for the rest of your life?
Just seeing where God takes me and my family!

No comments: