Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Outsmarting Dial-up

In the hopes of not losing everything I type, I'm am going to take Anna's advice and I typed this up as an email and copied and pasted it. Thanks for the heads up Anna!

Survivor All-Stars

BRIAN--if you haven't watched the one from Feb. 12 yet, skip this section!

OH my gosh! Jenna M. (previous winner of Survivor Amazon) walks! Ok, now for the full story. Jenna's mother is a cancer survivor, but from the way they made it sound, she was in a cancer center, so she must have gotten worse. ANYWAY...Jenna went ahead and came to the game anyway. Well she felt terrible almost immediately for doing so and hesitated on whether she should stay. Finally she voiced her concerns to her tribe and said that she really thought she needed to leave because if anything happened to her mom and she was out here playing a game she would never forgive herself (well-duh!). So anyway, she tells Jeff at the next immunity challenge that she wants to go home and they take her off by boat and at the end of the show there is a little written update thingy that says 8 days after Jenna got home her mother passed away! How awful! I'm so glad she did go. But there is part of me that can't believe she came in the first place, but I've done some pretty stupid stuff, so who am I to talk?

The show really wasn't that interesting last week, beyond Richard's (the gay guy who won the first Survivor) shark wrestling match that ended up with a shark bite for Richard and a Richard bite and becoming dinner for the shark! It was hilarious, Colby (from Survivor Outback) says, "Can you call a gay guy a stud? Richard, you're a stud." lol. That was pretty funny.

All in all, Rupert is doing poorly..he made a mess of the reward challenge in my opinion, Ethan's future looks much brighter. Richard is by far the best player and has a great chance of winning if he can dodge Tribal Council for awhile until he gets some friends. He is so smart about people, but he himself is such a jerk (or appears to be..like I really know him!)! Colby is doing well with Richard on his team, it gives him a chance to not stand out. The girls, with the exception of Kathy & Jerri, aren't doing so well in my opinion. Amber has a chance if she can keep her wits about her and keep her hormones under control.

Well anyway, enough of that until after the next episode!

Friday Five!

1. Are you superstitious?
Nope. But I do feel a bit funny about walking under a ladder?? Go figure. And I didn't let my hubby see me until I walked down the aisle at our wedding.

2. What extremes have you heard of someone going to in the name of superstition?I haven't.

3. Believer or not, what's your favorite superstition?I love the tradition of the groom not seeing the bride on their wedding day until she walks down the aisle. I just think it is so romantic.

4. Do you believe in luck? If yes, do you have a lucky number/article of clothing/ritual?Luck? I guess not, I mean I don't have anything special that I hang onto.

5. Do you believe in astrology? Why or why not? I don't. Why? The honest answer is because I was brought up not to. That it was of the devil and evil etc. I have never looked into it to actually see what I believe. I don't think God set things up so that we could tell the future by the stars etc and that as the moons and stuff change that that affects us in our lives. But do I know for sure? Of course not, but He's never led me to look into all of that so I don't think that is how He set it up.

Tie-Dye

Have you ever tie-dyed anything? Oh my gosh, last night my girl scout troop tie-dyed t-shirts and it was SO MUCH FUN! They look so cool and everyone's looks different even though we used the same colors and similar ways of banding the shirts. I highly recommend this as project to do with your kids on a rainy day. It is relatively cheap. I bought 2 kits from Wal-Mart for $9.97 a piece and we did 11 girl shirts and 1 adult shirt and I still have plenty of dye leftover.

Pajama Day!

The kids and I had Pajama Day on Monday since there was no school and it was so much fun. We had breakfast and lounged around and then did some puzzles and read some books. After lunch Jumanji was on, so we watched the rest of that and then the kids played Nintendo and I read and book. It was a wonderful LAZY day!

Books!

I finished up The Act of Marriage, which was pretty good but outdated..I think the copyright is 1970 something. I also finished my Mary Higgins Clark book which was ok. I like some of her stuff, but she is a bit descriptive and that gets on my nerves. I'm not sure what I'm gonna read next. I'm looking at Waking the Dead by John Eldredge as my non-fiction and maybe The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis as my fiction. But haven't decided yet.. Suggestions are welcome!

No comments: