Saturday, February 26, 2011

BEST FRIENDS

I have this group of friends.  We came together about 5 years ago.  There are 5 couples.  We are all as different as night and day.  It's amazing that we are so close and we love each other so well.  We all do life differently, raise our families differently, have different theologies and ideas.  But at our heart--we all love Jesus.  Desperately, with abandon, we are deeply in love with Jesus. 

God brought this grouping of people to my life 5 years ago when I was going through a really hard time.   They were a balm on my soul and continue to be.  Honestly, I don't know what I would do without these people now.  They have become so entangled in my life and I love it that way.  Each time I'm with them, I reveal a little more of myself and they reveal a little more of themselves.  Each time we're together I fall a little bit deeper in love with them.  Each time I'm with them, I realize a little bit more what a unique gift God has given me. 

Last night we spent the entire night eating random snack foods and going around the table sharing the struggles we're going through.  Praising God for the things He has carried us through.  Encouraging one another that "you're not crazy!"  and whole lot of teasing each other.  We had lots of belly laughs--the kind where your eyes close real tight and it's hard to breathe and your whole body shakes.

As I think back on last night--it was a taste of home, of heaven.  Being with my best friends made my problems seem a little smaller, less bleak.  It made me realize that I have worth.  A lot of healing went on last night, where we poured into each other and allowed ourselves to be poured into.  It felt like Jesus.

I love you, my best friends.  Thanks for being Jesus to me.

1 comment: