Friday, June 17, 2011

The Power of Community....

Thursday nights we have a group of people who come over and we talk about our faith and God and pray for each other and eat snacks and laugh at our children who run around enjoying each other's company.  My last couple of posts have been downers--just struggling/sloshing through some stuff in my life right now. 

I just wanted to take a moment to post about the power of community.  With how I've been feeling, last night I did not want to have a group of people in my home, much less LEAD said group of people in a discussion about God. Had I been an "attendee" of the group instead of the "leader", I honestly would have skipped.  And man, I would have missed out on the power of community.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10  "Two are better than one....If one falls down, his friend can help  him up.  But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!"

I fell down this week and my friends, they lifted me up.  I didn't even really discuss what was going on inside of me--just BEING there with them, listening to them talk about God, what He was doing in their life--lifted me up too.  It helped to remind me of who HE is and what HE is about.  And how much He loves me. 

Listening to each of them pray.  Thanking God for each other, for answering prayer, for being there--boldly asking Him to meet the needs of their friends and family.  Healing took place in my soul.

Lord, thank  you so much.  I can be such a whiny brat and yet You still take the time to console me--thank you.  thank you. thank you.

No comments: