Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Loving Others

Matthew 22:36-40
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

It all comes down to loving God and loving others.  Loving God, I can do.  There are moments when it is hard, for sure.  But deep down He has given me the faith that I need to trust Him even when I can't see.  Loving others is so hard.  At least with God, I know He is perfect--that everything He does is with perfect motivation.  Loving others is not the case. 

I have been fried by others.  I'm just guessing, so have you.  It makes me want to say "ok, that's it--no more 'others' in my life."  I want to close the door and just forget it.  I'm tired of being hurt.  I'm tired of being misunderstood.  I'm tired of not knowing the right way to interact with each person I meet.  I'm tired of making a mess when I was just trying to help.  I'm tired of getting close and getting stung.  I'm tired of being rejected.  I'm tired of "not being good enough". 

But I love God.  And He told me to love others.  And his motives for me to love others are perfect.  And I trust Him.  This pain I feel is for a purpose I don't see. 

No comments: