Thursday, May 13, 2004

WHOA--Blogger Updated!

I guess I should get on here a bit more often and I would have known Blogger updated--Oh Well!

STAR TREK TEST

I did this Star Trek Personality test because I'm a copycat and one of my best friends did it, so I did too :) here are my results:

Myers-Briggs would say that you are an ENFP (Extrovert, Intuitive, Feeler, Perceiver). In Star Trek language, you share a basic personality configuration with James Kirk and Julian Bashir.

People like you are generally great problem-solvers. You're highly innovative, creative and unique. You're optimistic by nature, which may make others believe you're naive, but actually you're full of energy, very clever, and determined not to be stopped. You're outgoing, curious, and extremely playful. Others are sometimes taken aback by your enthusiasm, but it keeps you going after others have dropped.

You're deeply caring, sensitive and gentle, which, combined with your need to solve problems, may make you a little too eager to give others advice. You also process information very quickly, which may make others believe you're not listening to them. Before you share your feelings, you have to have time to process them.

You're adaptive and resourceful, but sometimes highly disorganized. You dream of having the perfect assistant. You respond best to people who encourage your unique viewpoints and insights, help you maintain harmony, and want to play and explore with you. You don't respond well when you're overwhelmed with details or when you're in a rigid situation.

Your primary goal in life is freedom to see possibilities, make connections, and be with a variety of people. Your reward is having spontaneous adventures.

Good careers for your type include being an advertising account executive, starship captain, career counselor, developer of educational software, actor, graphics designer, corporate team trainer, psychologist, inventor, medical pioneer, and child welfare counselor.

I was kind of surprised, I thought it was pretty accurate!

You can take the test here!

ILL

I have never been so ill in my life! I got started feeling funky on Monday and by late that night I had the flu SO BAD! It was awful. I asked Josh to stay home on Tuesday because I could barely move! I finally feel at about 80% today. Thank you God!

ONE OF THE BEST DAYS EVER!

Last Thursday, May 6 was one of the best days of my life! All three of my kids made decisions to follow God! I was thrilled to be able to discuss and pray with each of them! Talk about exciting! My children are 8, 6, & 5 and my 8 year old daughter has been working up to this decision for a long time. She's been asking a lot of questions, worried that she doesn't understand, and been pretty emotional during some "special" times at church (Christmas Eve services, baptisms etc). So I was pretty excited when we started discussing what being a Christian meant that morning in the bathroom while I was fixing her hair! By the time we were done she told me she thought she was ready and and so I asked her a few questions and then I prayed and she prayed! Awesome! After school I encouraged her to share her experience with her brothers, but she was a little nervous. But somehow the conversation wound its way around to being a Christian and my 5 year old piped up and said, "I'm not a Christian." To which my six year old said, "Yes you are." Which of course turned into an "am not/yes you are" argument and my 8 year old said "No he's not" Which lead into another discussion of what a Christian is, and by the end both boys were adamant that they wanted to become one. My 5 year old blessed my socks off by eagerly praying first and saying something to the effect of "Jesus, sorry I do bad stuff. I need you to help not to. I love you. Thanks. Amen" Talk about an emotional day! THANKS GOD!

BABY ON THE WAY!

One of my best friends who has been my best friend since we were like 3 is having a BABY! She's been trying to get pregnant for over a year and has been very discouraged. Her one dream for as long as I've known her was to get married and have a passle of kids and now God has blessed her with her first one! She's due in December! THANKS AGAIN GOD!

SIGN OFF

I think that catches you up with the most important stuff occurring in the last few weeks!

No comments: