Tuesday, June 22, 2004

VBS

The kids are going to VBS at the First Baptist Church in Casey this week. So it's giving me a little taste of what this fall might be like with all 3 of them in school! Yesterday wasn't so bad because Josh took a vacation day (it was his birthday!), so we ate breakfast together and watched a movie on TV. Today hasn't been too bad, I've caught up on my blog reading and am actually updating mine! I still have an hour to go though..lol.

The hardest part is my youngest didn't want to go back to VBS. Yesterday he told me (in front of his teacher!) that it was boring and he wasn't coming back. After I got him home I figured out that a couple of his friends didn't really include him in their playtime and that he missed me. Poor guy. The mom in me was a tad bit excited that I was missed, and mad at the little boys for not including my son. And as much as I would have liked to keep him home and play with him this morning, I decided my best bet was to encourage him to give it another try.

He went, but only after the other kids told me that they passed an offering plate yesterday and wanted to know if they could bring some money to give and while I was passing out quarters, my youngest wanted a quarter too and I said that it was for VBS and since he wasn't going he didn't need the quarter to which he replied, "I am going." So hopefully the quarter got put in the offering and not pocketed by my child as a bribe..lol :)

No comments: