Tuesday, June 29, 2004

POISON IVY

All three of my children have poison ivy. The youngest just has like 4 little spots on his arm, but my middle son has it ALL OVER! My daughter has it pretty bad as well, but it seems to be containing itself.

So we all trooped to the doctor's office yesterday to make sure it was just poison ivy and to get some meds to help it clear up. We sat in the waiting room for 45 minutes. Then we sat in the little exam room for 15 minutes. And we spoke to the doctor for all of 5 minutes. I kid you not. I timed it, and 5 minutes is rounding up.

What is the deal with that? You call and make an appointment, you would think this would help. But no, it just ensures you will get seen that day. It drives me insane. I am not a patient person anyway and then when I have to sit and wait, it just gets me all riled up.

AND THEN, we had to go to Wal-mart to get the prescriptions filled. She said it would take 15 minutes. That's fine. So I go to a pay phone to call my hubby to let him know that I'll be able to pick him up from work, and we browse through the shoes and look at a few other things and 15 minutes later we walk over to the pharmacy to pick up our prescriptions and she says that it's not done yet, it'll be a few minutes.

Ok, so we stand there in the medicine aisle, because I really need to get going to pick up my hubby on time. The kids are being rowdy because they are tired of being still, so they're playing London Bridge and some kind of Kung-Fu fighting game. And the lady who told me it will be just a couple of minutes is yacking to the other lady in the back. She's not doing anything--neither of them are!

Talk about blood pressure going up about 15 points. OH man. 15 minutes later she finally calls me over and hands me the meds and THEN informs that they didn't have enough of the one medication and I'd have to come back the next day after 5pm to pick up the rest!

I'm not a happy camper.

No comments: