Monday, December 06, 2010

WEEKEND

There is just something about the weekend.  2 days of no school.  I love my boys dearly (and my daughter too, but she's in public school now) and for the most part I do enjoy homeschooling.  But some days...  Some days I just itch and chafe at the thought of learning one more thing about mountains--or the human body--or diagramming sentences!  In my head there is a little rebellious voice that says--"we did this already!  do we really have to relearn everything??"  Especially when I think of all the other things I could be doing instead--like reading a novel (oh how I miss quiet reading time!), or listening to sermons online, or just sitting quietly and watching the snow fall.  I remind myself over and over that those moments will all come sooner than I imagine.   In just a few years my kids will be grown and in college (my youngest will turn 12 in January!) and I will have all the free time I can handle.

So now, I look forward to the weekend just like my kids do!  A break from school--time to do whatever we want.  To enjoy a good book, catch up on laundry, or just veg out in front of the tube!  I love me a good weekend!

No comments: