Thursday, November 13, 2003

I'm Back!

Well I've been reading a lot of blogs lately on a semi-regular basis, so it's kind of gotten me anxious to have a spot to kind of "think" out loud. So here I am :)

PDA

Public Display of Affection, for those of you who have never had the privilege of having someone shout those three little letters at you. As for me, if I had a penny (just a penny) for everytime PDA (or some form like: "Get a room" "Enough of that" etc) was said to me I would be an extremely rich woman! Now I have to admit that when I was in high school then it was very proper to point out the fact that I needn't be kissing on my boyfriend etc. But now that I've married my sweetheart, one question has to be asked.."WHY are people still yelling PDA?" "WHEN is it ok to kiss your honey is public?" Good gravy people!

I love my husband more than words can describe and I thoroughly enjoy giving him a hug or kiss (and even sometimes a pinch on the hiny if no one is looking) in public and I think it's healthy. It's healthy for young people to see that we really do care for one another and kissing is still fun and very much a part of life after you say "I DO". Now I'm not saying hanging all over one another and being liplocked 24/7 while you're out in front of everyone. I'm talking about those stolen moments where you walk past each other and can't resist touching shoulders or hands. Or the quick kiss on the cheek as you get up to go to the bathroom or something. Why not? Why not??

Josh and I have decided that people just say those things because they are jealous. My hope is that Josh and I will be 80 years old and he'll still be chasing me around the kitchen stealing kisses while I'm trying to make dinner. I pray that we will still hold hands and not be able to pass each other without touching.

No comments: