Monday, September 27, 2004

CAMPOREE

I am my daughter's Girl Scout Leader and this weekend my Assistant Troop Leader & I took 5 of our scouts to Camp Na Wa Kwa in Poland, IN. We had a GREAT time! The weather was absolutely gorgeous. The girls were very good. And it was a lot of fun!

I think my favorite thing was Human Bowling. We had these scooters that the girls sat on and then we pushed them across the room into "pins" (large size cans--2 taped together). Oh my gosh, it was so much fun.

Then of course there were fun Girl Scout songs, campfire, hikes, s'mores, and meeting new friends!

It was great to take a couple of days to invest in my daughter and her friends and many girls that I might not ever see again, but hopefully helped feel important and special if even for a couple hours.

No comments: