Thursday, December 11, 2003

Emotions

What is up with me? I am a pretty sensitive person anyway, I tend to cry at dramatic movies and will frequently cry through a novel. But these last two days have been so weird!!!!!!!!!!

I first noticed it last night after I read that Nana Upstairs, Nana Downstairs book. Then this morning I was going through more of the books and ended up finding my 2nd grade yearbook (totally weird, this is also the year my dad died) and got teary eyed looking at that (and for what reason I couldn't tell you!). Then I'm watching "Little Bill" with my preschooler this morning and it's about his grandma who gets stuck in Cincinatti on Christmas Eve and can't make it to their house and I find myself crying alongside Little Bill because he wants her to be there and she can't and it's not Christmas without her!

I'm hoping this will end soon, because I don't particularly enjoy crying at the drop of a hat. A doctor would probably tell me that it has nothing to do with anything that is happening around me, but probably an indication of something greater going on inside of me that I'm repressing. He's probably right. But do I want to go there?

Not now.

No comments: